Friday, December 10, 2010

Start the Holidays right...



They have this tradition out here in Eagle Mountain called Santa on a firetruck. Cute idea, right? I always thought it was, but then it happened. They tell you on the flyer that it's from 8am till done. What does that mean? Well, the first year we were here it came at 8:04am and we missed it, the kids were sad and I felt bad. The next year they came around 9am so we saw that. This year, the kids waited all morning and didn't want to go to the store cause they were waiting for "Santa" . When Santa finally came, around 11:30am, the firetruck was practically speeding through our neighborhood. Santa didn't even wave at the kids, he just threw some candy and sped away. Is this tradition getting better or worse as the years go on? You tell me. My Mother-in-law told me her son waited 4 hours outside for Santa. It was cold that day!
What a way to start the holiday's, don't you think?

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is so sad! What a mean Santa Claus. haha. I'm sure my mom is grateful my neighborhood had nothing like that.

Deedles said...

My girls were waiting all morning too! And usually they come so early. He came to our neighborhood just before yours this year. I was sure the party would start and we'd miss him all together.

Krista Neil said...

So the rumor is he "switches" routes every year, last year we were first, this year Ranches were, it was definately annoying!